IMPORTANT NOTICE (Last Update 4th Nov 2020)
Milton Tennis Club Courts are open to members only. As advised by Government and guidance provided by the LTA, Milton Community Centre (MCC), after consultation and agreement with Milton Tennis Club, we updated the LTA rules below.
A as a result of Government guidelines and in agreement with the LTA and MCC the tennis courts will be closed from Thursday 5th Nov until Weds 2nd due to the Coronavirus outbreak. Any changes or extensions will be communicated by the club.
All players must wear their green 2020 shoetag as proof of membership whilst on court.
Courts can now be booked via Clubspark link here:
by current members of MTC. See Rules page for more details. Check calendar on this site before making the booking on Clubspark in case of matches, tournaments, coaching and Netball bookings.
N.B. The Astroturf court is now available for play. Access to this court is via the small hatch between the courts.
The following rules for players now apply:
- Please bring your own disinfectant to use when unlocking and locking up the padlock, or touching the net winders.
- Singles and Doubles games with players from different households are now permitted. Keep at least 2m apart where possible.
- Do not make physical contact with other players – no shaking hands.
- Label your own balls and do not share balls.
- Use your racquet or foot to return stray balls from other courts.
- Please respect social distancing rules and remain at least 2m apart at all times.
- Please do not hang around waiting for a court to become available, as this may lead to an illegal gathering
Please note that failure to adhere to these rules may lead to the courts being closed.
Limited coaching (5 plus coach) is now permitted so check the website before travelling to the courts to avoid disappointment.
Our main concern is to ensure that all our members, their families and friends remain safe and healthy during this unprecedented pandemic situation. Please ensure you follow the instructions provided from Public Health England, the NHS and other reliable and relevant sources of information.
Your co-operation is greatly appreciated.
Sue Griffin, Jeff Beckett and Jody Chatterjee (Committee)
Milton Tennis Club (MTC) play at the Milton Community Centre (MCC) courts off Coles Road in Milton village just north of Cambridge.
It is a well established and friendly club and new members are always welcome.
N.B. Website details will be updated e.g. matches, tournaments, coaching dates and social events etc. as they are confirmed. Go to the calendar tab and hover over that date posting for details or hover over the Upcoming Events column postings for details.
The images show a typical club night June.